BARC Foster Policy
Thank you for your interest in becoming a foster parent for Blackwell Animal Rescue Center (BARC). Volunteers such as yourself who are willing to open their hearts and home to an animal in need are truly appreciated. Please read the following policy and complete our Fostering Application if you wish to be considered as a foster parent.
ALL FOSTER PARENTS/APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER
1. All animals remain the property of BARC, even if they are in your care, until adopted.
2. If the animal you are caring for needs medical attention, you must contact BARC immediately. If you take the animal to your vet or any other vet you can be held accountable for any and all costs associated with that visit.
3. Do not administer ANY type of medication or supplements without the prior approval of a BARC foster coordinator.
4. If you are approved as a foster parent upon receiving your foster pet you will receive the name and contact number of a BARC foster coordinator who you can contact 24/7 should an emergency arise regarding your animal.
5. Upon being notified that your fostering period is over you must immediately return the animal to BARC.
6. Any potential adoptee of BARC animals must complete an adoption application and be approved by BARC. This includes foster parents who wish to adopt the animal in their care. As a foster parent YOU CANNOT adopt the animal in your care out on your own. Anyone that expresses an interest in adopting your animal must first complete a BARC adoption application.